Monday, March 10, 2008

Diversion #2

Please, please don't tell anyone - I hate to ruin my serious academic image - but I am hooked on a couple of reality tv shows. Yep, I watch Rock of Love and Flavor of Love. I don't for a minute believe that any of the celebraties or contestents actually think they are going to find true love. I think Flav and Brett are trying to make come-backs and the ladies are trying to get their 15 minutes of fame. But once I started watching I couldn't stop. I can't believe some of the things these ladies will do on TV. Didn't they read the part of the contract stating that this will be broadcast for the world, and their FAMILIES to see.

I only have two comments about the fellas:
WHY???











Don't these ladies know that Brett used to look like this? Don't ask, I don't know which one he is.







Oh, that's right, most of them are too young to remember Glam rock.

5 comments:

Karen L. Mahon, Ed.D. said...

that is very scary. i don't know which one he is either!! dave and i were hooked on flavor of love the first season...we also watched it periodically the second season. but finally, we've reached the point where we think it's pretty grim.

Anonymous said...

I feel I must defend myself. Karen was hooked on Flavor of Love and I was brought along for the ride...though the spitting episode was quite amusing...and the pooping episode...and the one where they went to the hot tubs...okay, maybe I was hooked too.

Also, I think Brett is the glam rocker in the upper left hand corner. It is tough to tell since they all look like tranny hookers(bad ones).

Karen L. Mahon, Ed.D. said...

oh please. who went around the house regularly yelling "FLAVA FLAV!!"?????

Missy said...

Dave!!! Good to hear from you.

The poop episode was the best, I'm laughing about it as I type.

The scary thing for me is that I find Brett strangly attractive. I have a friend here who feels the same so we sign our emails to each other "Mrs. Brett Michaels."

And by the way, it's FLAVOR FLAV. Flava is a totally different rapper dude. You obviously aren't watching season 3.

Karen L. Mahon, Ed.D. said...

"Mrs. Brett Michaels"?!?!? That is really sad.